Shape Arcade is a neon-infused love letter to the early arcade era with ease of use and accessibility in mind. Built inside a custom tabletop arcade cabinet that reacts to how you play! Using two dials, players match falling shapes in progressively more difficult levels. Can you match the most?
Shape Arcade was originally created by Matthew Deline in April 2018 as a graduate student physical computing/game design project at Goldsmiths, University of London. Revisions of the original cabinet and new versions for home and mobile are in active development at Matthew's new Melbourne-based studio, Campervan Games. They are both currently scheduled for release in 2020.
- Custom Tabletop Cabinet
- Alternative Control Scheme
- Reactive Lighting and Motion
- Addictive Arcade Gameplay
- Satisfying Level of Challenge
Shape Arcade Trailer — YouTube
Shape Arcade Trailer with Developer Commentary — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Shape Arcade Development Blog
- Detailed documentation of the build process for the original cabinet matthewdeline.com.
About Campervan Games
- Campervan Games is a new Melbourne-based international Independent Game Studio founded by Matthew Deline focused on creating wholesome, engaging experiences. We are currently working on Shape Arcade, scheduled for release on mobile, pc, consoles, and arcades in 2021.
- More information
- More information on Campervan Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Shape Arcade Credits
- Matthew Deline
- Creator/Game Director/Programming/Hardware Design
- Jamie Degen
- 3D Artist / Shape Visual Effects
- Rune Finlayson
- High Score Name Entry
- Nathan Langdon
- Logo / 2D / UI and Animation Artist
- Sub-Zero Sound: Matt Schenkel and Dan Penpraze
- Audio Systems and Design
- Jacob Leaney
- Composer - "Spacedrift"
- Matthew Deline
- Campervan Games